Thursday, July 29, 2010

DJ Nerd42 Compilation Project Coming Soon

by DJ Nerd42

Sup, DJ Nerd42 here. I just finished mixing the last track for my upcoming compilation mixtape of random stuff. You could call it a "concept album" only if my back catalog counts as a concept. On it there will be alternate versions of tracks from my first four albums "cOOLdISC_aFTERmATH" (2007), "Canadian Chocobo" (2008), "Chrono Tied" (2009) and "It's Pronounced Forty-Two" (2010).

I can't reveal everything yet because I've got to work out the release date of this thing with the Get Some! Records people but this should be out in the next month or two at the latest. This thing is huge - there are 22 tracks and I may even add a hidden track if I have time before release.

The first five tracks are a re-remix of the first half of Canadian Chocobo, including a new and improved remake of "Daft Wash" that should get a music video at some point. In the early stages I was calling this thing, "Canadian Chocobo Revisited" but that's not the title, and neither is, "The Adventures of DJ Nerd42 on the Mice of Plastic." (a Grandmaster Flash reference I was thinking of using) I'm not revealing the title yet (though I did tell a few people. Hush up, you rascals) but it's going to be funny and random like I was when I first got into this DJing stuff.

On this project, there are some extended mixes and some tracks that I've posted online before but not on the albums. There will be some tracks that's are just "bugfix" versions of tracks that got onto my albums with small mistakes in them that I just couldn't not fix because I'm such a perfectionist. There will also be some of what I've called "Crappy Rejected Tracks" that I made during the early, early cOOLdISC_aFTERmATH and Canadian Chocobo period (2006-2008) which I've remastered but which are still just barely listenable. The overall quality of this thing is not up to my normal standards so don't expect a real masterpiece but be patient. After Canadian Chocobo I had three albums planned: Chrono Tied, (which I'd planned before even cOOLdISC_aFTERmATH was finished) a Christian hip hop mixtape which eventually became, "It's Pronounced Forty-Two" and a Daft Punk mixtape. Now I have completed two out of the three, and this is only sort of a side project. Stick with me over the next year and Daft Punk will soon be playing at your house, your house.

Subscribe to this blog http://djnerd42.blogspot.com/ for more awesome stuff from DJ Nerd42!

No comments:

Post a Comment